3 things I am excited about
1. Teachers start school on Tuesday and I am looking forward to seeing my colleagues again.
2. Trying a math workshop model. I read Minds on Mathematics by Wendy Ward Hoffer and have been reading Sherri’s blog from last summer to get ideas
3. Having dinner tonight with my mom and grandma. My mom lives about 3 hours away I don’t get to see her as often as I would like.
2 things I am stressing about
1. Getting it all done – my room is looking pretty good, thanks to my husband John. But the lesson planning and having rich tasks ready to go needs some work.
2. Being a positive, effective teacher leader in my building. We have 8 new teachers in our building including 2 new math teachers on our 4 person math team.
1 thing I hope to change